Nashville Conference Delivers a Sell-Out Event
SBS joined in with over 300 substation industry design professionals to support the 10th anniversary SDSIC conference in Nashville, TN on April 24th through 27th. The conference was an outstanding success, with a record turnout of attendees. The SDSIC has steadily grown to over 1800 members since it was founded 10 years ago.
Presenting from SBS included:
- Dennis Beck, CEO, with an industry update.
- Joey Baker, Director of Substation Solutions, with a company update and welcome.
- Randy Brunette, Technical Consultant, on substation protection and control and Autodesk Vault data storage topics.
- Arman Birang, Technical Consultant, on the use of augmented reality to support substation design and construction workflows.
- Steve Kauffman, Technical Consultant, presented topics on the latest developments in substation physical design and content generation.
- Trevor Scullion, Director of Emerging Technologies, shared a number of exciting developments in the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence in substation design.
- David Wilbur, Product Development, provided a technical overview of the recent work that has been done on the SBS Substation Design Suite™ Physical for AutoCAD product.
Of special note, Trevor Scullion received the SDSIC Paragon Award for his longstanding contributions to the SDSIC.
Also presenting were several industry leaders including American Electric Power, Ameren, Burns & McDonnell, Black & Veatch, Duke Energy, LG&E-KU, Mesa Associates, POWER Engineers, PPL Electric and Southern Company. For those that are interested in joining the SDSIC please feel free to contact SBS at email@example.com, or the consortium directly at www.sdsconsortium.com.