Congratulations to all the new Automated Utility Design™ (AUD) and Substation Design Suite™ (SDS) users who went live in 2023!
This year has been a landmark, with SBS partnering with more than 30 new clients across seven countries. Over 35 million gas, electric, and telecommunication new consumers will benefit from improved networked infrastructure made possible by our Intelligent Design Solutions. Our success is a reflection of our joint efforts with utility customers, implementation partners, and the support of our more than 100 AEC clients.
- A Canadian electric distribution and transmission utility now has over 400 designers using AUD and Utility DataHub™ (UDH). SBS solutions were key components in modernizing their asset management process and resolving regulatory issues of inconsistent project costing.
- The configurable architecture of AUD ensures designers always use the correct costing rules and minimizes change and technical management of modernizing with SAP’s S/4HANA and ArcGIS Utility Network.
- With the simplified workflow and familiar AutoCAD-based design, users exceeded previous productivity after six weeks, with a projected 2x gain within a year.
- A Fortune 500 California gas and electric company now uses AUD to ensure construction, design, and material standards are followed during design.
- SBS collaborated with the client to enhance core AUD to support “Schematic Trench” functionality. This ability is used in many historical districts to order correct materials in joint trench environments with complex schematic layouts and prints.
- A mid-west Fortune 500 gas and electric utility that serves millions of customers across six states is now standardizing all its gas operation centers on common technology for Design, Asset/Work Management, and the ArcGIS Utility Network.
- While the underlying architecture is common, the flexible configuration of AUD templates allows them to accommodate unique construction standards and costing regulations for each state.
- SBS and partners worked side by side with the utility team to complete the initial configuration and training, but the utility is moving forward with additional configurations using only internal resources.
Welcome aboard! We are looking forward to what we’ll achieve together in 2024!
Contact us to discover how your workflow can benefit from SBS’ Intelligent Design Solutions!