Substation Design Suite™ 7.4 brings new features and bug fixes for improved functionality.
SDS — Physical features:
- SDS will now alert you to using read-only files.
- When selecting cylindrical surfaces for Round Bus, it will obey bus offsets.
- Angle Bus will now use overhang parameter.
SDS — Protection & Control features:
- New “No fan-in” mode to link fanned-in wires back to a stand-alone cable label.
- Option to add schematic wire layer-specific suffixes to wiring diagram annotation.
- SHOW WIRES tool for QA’ing elementary/schematic wiring issues.
- Additional options for DREF cross-reference attribute.
- New SWAP TERM BLK tool for multiple, in-place schematic H/V swaps.
- Enhanced TOGGLE SYM tool to also do the above.
- Multiple data display options for SDS smart tables and for the rollover tool.
- Easy link added to wire sizing and voltage drop calculator.
- New support for cable schedule and physical workpoint data set.
- New command to associate rev cloud or MTEXT or TEXT to a given work-order.
SDS — Physical includes:
- Bus Offset Tool will offset based on pick sequences.
- Creating a constraint after creating a ground grid sketch will no longer crash if “Edit Sketch” remains open.
- Deleting paired cable will no longer show an error.
- AutoRoute Path on simple straight lines no longer generates an error message.
- Bill of Material type will now let you select the Parts Only option.
- Fix to Below Grade Cable to create single .ipt file during creating and editing cable.
- Start and end points are now in the correct order when placing a “right L” piece of trench.
- Able to read current and previous LandXML file formats.
- Inventor will no longer crash when selecting an angle bracket for running a flat lead from surface to surface.
- Adding ground grid run to an existing grid will now place correctly.
- Fixed multiple errors related to conduit operation.
- Lightning Protection fixes:
- Add Shield Wire with two points will now adhere to the SDS Content Editor materials.
- Part number, description and materials from SD Content Editor are now applied to newly created parts.
- Material is now adjusted when using Edit Shield Wiring.
- Shield wire update now updates connection location if changed.
- BOM will now report wire length.
SDS — Protection & Control includes:
- Wild-Card Find/Replace – Project-wide find/replace of RJT attributes on other than active dwg now cleanly maintains displayed location.
- SDS_DREF will now update summary messaging at end of command run.
- Changed operation of Change Status for ‘Remove’ when using SDS_EDIT-WIREMODS. This now erases these marked entities instead of moving them to the ‘As-Built’ layer.
- SDS_WIREMODS will now extract non-blank MFG/CAT/ASSYCODE values into work-order add list report.
- SDS_SCOOT will now work in AutoCAD Electrical 2018 and above.
- Fixed an issue with the SDS_ANNOFAN tool that alerts you to a “spares count” too low if using Schematic Cable Fan-In tool. The fan-in symbol will no longer look like a cable marker and add conductors to used count.
- When using the SDS_ANNO command, little leaders will now insert annotation on very large wiring diagram symbols where the attribute name suffix hits “L#” or “R#” where # = digit.
- SDS_REFONLY, WIRE SEQUENCE – Marking REFONLY will no longer blank out any wiring sequence assignment held on the picked black instance.